Since 2006 the main focus of my scientific work and field of activity at the Department of Dermatology of the Medical University of Vienna (AKH) lay in the management of patients with melanoma and other forms of skin cancer. In specific I was substancially involved in conducting various international multi-center clinical trials (phase I-III), with focussed on the treatment of advanced metastatic melanoma patients (AJCC stage III-IV).
In particular I earned experience in the therapy of patients with the immunologically active drug Yervoy (Ipilimumab), which was licenced in Austria.
In my new position as senior physician at the Department of Dermatology of the Sozialmedizinisches Zentrum Ost – Donauspital I am continuing my scientific work and activities in the field of dermato-oncology.
Various articles and publications on topics in the field of dermato-oncology (e.g. new therpeutic options for metastatic melanoma) as well as treatment modalities for patients with dermatologic side effects of oncologic drugs (e.g. Erbitux, Sutent, Tarceva and others) have been released in national medical journals such as Spektrum Dermatologie, Spektrum Onkologie, Universum Innere Medizin, Jatros Dermatologie und Jatros Hämatologie & Onkologie.
I’ll gladely forward articles upon request: email@example.com
- Survival follow-up and ipilimumab retreatment of patients with advanced melanoma who received ipilimumab in prior phase II studies. – Lebbé C, Weber JS, Maio M, Neyns B, Harmankaya K, Hamid O, O’Day SJ, Konto C, Cykowski L, McHenry MB, Wolchok JD. – Ann Oncol. 2014 Nov;25(11):2277-84. doi:
- Four-year survival rates for patients with metastatic melanoma who received ipilimumab in phase II clinical trials – Wolchok J., Weber J., Maio M., Neyns B., Harmankaya K., Chin K., Cykowski L., de Pril V., Humphrey R. and Lebbé C. – Ann Oncol. 2013 Aug;24(8):2174-80
- Pretherapeutic laboratory findings, extent of metastasis and choice of treatment as prognostic markers in ocular melanoma- a single centre experience. – Schicher N, Edelhauser G, Harmankaya K, Schindler K, Pehamberger H, Hoeller C. – J Eur Acad Dermatol Venereol. 2012 Oct 12. doi: 10.1111/jdv.12006.
- A rare case of primary rhabdoid melanoma of the urinary bladder treated with ipilimumab, an anti-CTLA 4 monoclonal antibody – Schindler K, Schicher N, Kunstfeld R, Pehamberger H, Toepker M, Haitel A, Hoeller C, Harmankaya K. – Melanoma Res. 2012 Jun 17.
- Ipilimumab plus dacarbazine for previously untreated metastatic melanoma – Robert C, Thomas L, Bondarenko I, O’Day S, M D JW, Garbe C, Harmankaya K, Ibrahim R, Chen TT, Humphrey R, Hoos A, Wolchok JD. – N Engl J Med. 2011 Jun 30;364(26):2517-26. Epub 2011 Jun 5
- Extracerebral metastases determine the outcome of patients with brain metastases from renal cell carcinoma. – Vogl UM, Bojic M, Kramer G, Kitz K, Harmankaya K, Zielinski CC, Schmidinger M. – BMC Cancer. 2010 Sep 7;10:480
- Continuous systemic corticosteroids do not affect the ongoing regression of metastatic melanoma for more than two years following ipilimumab therapy – Harmankaya K, Erasim C, Ibrahim R, Pehamberger H, Binder M. – Med Oncol. 2011 Dec;28(4):1140-4. Epub 2010 Jul 1
- Leishmaniasis in the tongue of an immunocompetent man. – Leitner V, Weingast J, Harmankaya K, Auer H, Binder M. – Am J Trop Med Hyg. 2010 Apr;82(4):597-9.
- Dermatoscopic findings of cutaneous mastocytosis. – Akay BN, Kittler H, Harmankaya K, Anadolu R. – Dermatology. 2009;218(3):226-30. Epub 2008 Dec 6.
I’ll gladely forward articles upon request: firstname.lastname@example.org
conference abstracts & posters:
- Pretreatment levels of absolute and relative eosinophil count significantly improves overall survival (OS) in patients with metastatic melanoma under treatment with Ipilimumab, an anti CTLA-4 antibody – K. Schindler, K. Harmankaya, S. Frantal, Ch. Ariyan, D. Bello, O. Michielin, H. Pehamberger, Ch. Hoeller, M. Postow and JD. Wolchok – Chicago IL, USA, ASCO 2013
- Ipilimumab (Ipi) retreatment at 10 mg/kg in patients with metastatic melanoma previously treated in phase II trials – B. Neyns, JS. Weber, C. Lebbé, M. Maio, K. Harmankaya, O. Hamid, SJ. O’Day, K. Chin, L. Cykowski, MB. McHenry and JD. Wolchok – Chicago IL, USA, ASCO 2013
- Long-term survival in patients with metastatic melanoma who received ipilimumab in four phase II trials – C. Lebbé, JS. Weber, M.Maio, B. Neyns, K. Harmankaya, O. Hamid, SJ. O’Day, K. Chin K, L. Cykowski, MB. McHenry and JD. Wolchok, Chicago IL, USA, ASCO 2013
- Five-year Survival Rates for Patients (pts) With Metastatic Melanoma (Treated with Ipilimumab in Phase Trials – C. Lebbe, J. Weber, M. Maio, B. Neyns, K. Harmankaya, K. Chin, D. McDowell, L. Cykowski, M. McHenry, J. Wolchok – Poster 1116PD Vienna, ESMO 2012
- Four Year Survival Rates for Patients with Metastatic Melanoma Who Received Ipilimumab in Phase 2 Trials – J. Wolchok, J. Weber, M. Maio, B. Neyns, K. Harmankaya, K. Chin, V. de Pril, R. Humphrey, A. Hoos and C. Lebbé – Perspectives in Melanoma XV – New York, USA, 2011
- Three-year Survival Rates For Patients With Advanced Melanoma Who Received Ipilimumab at 10 mg/kg in Phase II Trials – M. Maio, C. Lebbé, B. Neyns, St. O’Day, J. Wolchok, J. Weber, J. Siegel, R.Ibrahim, A. Hoos and K. Harmankaya – Perspectives in Melanoma XIV – Amsterdam 2010
- Novel efficacy criteria for antitumor activity to immunotherapy using the example of ipilimumab, an anti-CTLA-4 monoclonal antibody – F. S. Hodi, A. Hoos, R. Ibrahim, K. Chin, H. Pehamberger, K. Harmankaya, S. O’Day, O. Hamid, R. Humphrey, J. Wolchok – J Clin Oncol 26: 2008 (May 20 suppl; abstr 3008)
- Antitumor response and new lesions in advanced melanoma patients on ipilimumab treatment – JD. Wolchok, R. Ibrahim, V. DePril, M. Maio, P. Queirolo, K. Harmankaya, L. Lundgren, A. Hoos, R. Humphrey, O. Hamid – J Clin Oncol 26: 2008 (May 20 suppl; abstr 3020)
- Effect of ipilimumab treatment on 18-month survival: Update of patients (pts) with advanced melanoma treated with 10 mg/kg ipilimumab in three phase II clinical trials – S. O’Day, J. Weber, C. Lebbe, M. Maio, H. Pehamberger, K. Harmankaya, J. Siegel, A. Hoos, R. Humphrey, J. Wolchok – J Clin Oncol 27:15s, 2009 (suppl; abstr 9033)
- Long-term survival in advanced melanoma patients treated with ipilimumab at 10mg/kg: ongoing analyses from completed Phase II trials – M. Maio, C. Lebbé, V. Chiarion Sileni, J. Siegel, A. Hoos, R. Humphrey, S. O’Day, J. Wolchok, J. Weber, K. Harmankaya – European Journal of Cancer Supplements, Vol 7 No 2, September 2009, Page 578
- Activity of ipilimumab at 10mg/kg in patients with advanced melanoma is independent of baseline prognostic factors – D. Schadendorf, J. Wolchok, B. Neyns, C. Lebbé, K. Harmankaya, C. Verschraegen, K. Chin, V. de Pril, A. Hoos and M. Maio- European Journal of Cancer Supplements, Vol 7 No 2, September 2009, Page 578
- Ipilimumab re-induction after progression in patients with advanced melanoma enrolled in Phase II clinical trials – K. Harmankaya, D. Minor, G. Linette, R. Ridolfi, j. Corsa, R. Ibrahim and C. Lebbé – European Journal of Cancer Supplements, Vol 7 No 2, September 2009, Page 582
- Nodular melanoma arising in a large nevus spilus maculosus – A. Stella, K. Harmankaya, H. Kittler , H. Pehamberger , K. Sourial , J. Weingast and M. Binder – EADV, Berlin 2009
- Frühere Kongress-Poster nicht gelistet
- Treatment modalities for atopic dermatitis – A review of the literature with special emphasis on evidence based medicine – Aug 2005 , scientific supervisor: ao. Univ. Prof. Dr. Michael Binder