Born in Vienna, Austria, I attended the Medical University of Vienna, from which I graduated in 2005. Already as medical student I was involved in several research projects at the Department of Dermatology, where I authored a doctoral dissertation on atopic dermatitis / eczema under the guidance of a.o. Univ. Prof. Dr. Michael Binder.
Subsequently I started my dermatologic training in 2006 as assistent doctor at the Department of Dermatology of the Medical University of Vienna (AKH) , where I worked as specialist for Dermatology and Venerology since 2013.
Since December 2013 I am holding a position as senior physician at the Department of Dermatology of the Sozialmedizinischen Zentrum Ost (SMZ-Ost) – Donauspital.
My main field of scientific and clinical research is the management of patients with melanoma and also other forms of skin cancer. I was substantially involved in conducting serveral international multi-center clinical trials in this setting. Within this context I also held numerous scientific talks on national and international meetings and confentions.
In addition I received a profound training in all aspects of the field of Dermatology. In particular I take great interst in Aesthetic Dermatology. Here I earned my expertise in various clinically focussed work-shops and extension classes.
member of scientific societities:
- IMCAS – International Master Course on Ageing Skin
- Austrian Society for Dermatology and Venerology (ÖGDV)
- Österreichische Gesellschaft für Dermatologische Kosmetik und Altersforschung (ÖGDKA)
- German Society for Cancer (DKG)
- Certificate for conducting clinical studies principal investigator (PI) by the
Austrian Medical Chamber – ÖÄK
- Laser protection officer for medical applications (AUVA)
- Certification course for „Medical Cancertherapy in Dermato-Oncology” (ADO)